The stem of lotus is called rhizomes, which serve as anchoring and food storage organs. Fibrous roots grow in bunches from the stem internodes, or spaces between where leaves emerge. This aquatic plant, which grows in few places, is available everywhere in a dry version. Here are some benefits of lotus stem that you were probably unaware of
- Lotus root contains many essential vitamins.
- Lotus stem is a great source of Vitamin C, which helps boost the immunity of a person and fight viral infections.
- The root also contains essential minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper and iron, which help the body in the production of red blood cells.
- They are rich in dietary fiber and low on saturated fats, hence keeping a person’s calorie count in check.
- Lotus root is known for strengthening the respiratory system of a human body, which ultimately helps a person fight a number of diseases
Kashmir Origin | Kashmiri Lotus Stem Pickle 500 Grams | Famous Dal Lake Lotus Stem | No Preservatives No Sodium Benzoate
- Brand: Kashmir Origin
- Product Code:KO1115